The STRATEGIC INVESTMENT PROGRAM recognizes the important role individual artists and creative organizations play in building and sustaining cultural and economic vibrancy in Kansas. By funding a variety of professional and organizational development opportunities that impact cultural programming, these grants support initiatives that use the arts to enhance community vitality, revitalize neighborhoods, generate local business, create and preserve job opportunities and impact tourism. Applicants must make a compelling case as to why this particular self-identified activity or opportunity was selected, how it will have a substantial impact on their work and community, an how it will enhance the national reputation of Kansas.
Strategic Investment Program funds can be used for:
- Organizational Development: Grants for professional development opportunities for organizations that help strengthen business practices and sustainability:
- Activities that help build administrative and business skills and/or enhance workforce development
- Develop or upgrade marketing and promotional materials such as brochures, DVDs, CDs, print ads and websites that fulfill strategies to expand audiences, outreach to underserved populations, and promote regional identity
- New & Expanded Works: This includes support for new arts and culture productions, exhibitions, programs or events by individual artists or nonprofit organizations, which take place in Kansas. The purpose of this grant program is to create or preserve jobs by funding new or expanded programs that use arts and culture to enrich the quality of life for participants, promote economic development in Kansas, generate business development and promote neighborhood revitalization.
- Capital Investment: Grants to improve and expand cultural assets:
- Purchase equipment, materials, and/or technology upgrades to expand or improve an applicant's organization
- Significant expansion or alteration to an existing cultural facility by a nonprofit organization
- Next Application Deadline: Feb. 6
- Review Date: March 6
- Grant Period Ends: December 31, 2015